Welcome to our Blog...
A new scholarship opportunity is now available for students at Eastern Idaho Technical College!
Connect-for-Success is a continuous enrollment initiative funded by the J.A. & Kathryn Albertson Foundation that is built upon several proven successful techniques that help our students succeed! In addition to receiving a personalized academic plan and mentoring by our Connect-for-Success Coordinator, each student will receive up to a $2,000 scholarship. All students regardless of program, background and GPA are encouraged to apply.
To apply for the program, please click here to download the application.
Click here for additional information about this scholarship program.
Eastern Idaho Technical College Foundation is pleased to announce the fourth annual Michelle & Malinda Kern Memorial Twilight 5K will take place on October 10, 2014 at 6:30 p.m. beginning and ending on the Eastern Idaho Technical College campus, Michelle Kern’s alma mater.
Participants are welcome to walk or run the 5K route. Registration is $15 for any EITC or K-12 student, $25 before October 1 and $35 after October 1. Three or more family members may sign up for a discounted rate of $75 and three or more employees of the same company can each register for $20 each. All ages are encouraged to join in this event for a powerful cause.
Michelle Kern was a 2011 graduate from EITC’s Business Technologies Marketing & Management Associate of Applied Science degree program and an officer in Collegiate DECA. Three days after graduating, Michelle, her sister Malinda (who was enrolled at Eastern Idaho Technical College), and Michelle’s two young sons, Jack and Gage were murdered in Michelle’s parents’ home. This tragedy was a great loss to family and friends, Eastern Idaho Technical College, and the entire Idaho Falls community.
Proceeds from the Twilight 5K will be used to support the Michelle & Malinda Kern Memorial Scholarship for an Eastern Idaho Technical College student.
Please join us in making sure that their memories will live on through the gift of scholarship. All support is greatly appreciated. Food and vendor booth space is available at this event.
For more information, please call Natalie Hebard at 208-524-0464 or email email@example.com.
Click HERE to register today!
Clck HERE for company sponsorship information!
- Please RSVP for the Great Race Team Owner BBQ on Saturday, July 12 at 5 p.m., event posted on Facebook hosted at Daren Long’s home in Iona. Make sure you communicate to your team owners, runners and families are invited but I need RSVP’s. We’re going to have music, play area for kids, a feature movie at dusk, food, variety of beverages and some Q&A time for those with questions regarding Great Race.
- Remember to please submit your team participation waivers for runners to EITCF Executive Director Natalie Hebard prior to Race Day.
- Sign-up for text alerts and “like” the Great Race Facebook. All pre-race clues will be sent via text alerts and on the Great Race Facebook so if you’re not watching for these communications you will miss out on pre-race feet, all feet will be collected on the day of GR and you must post a picture to communicate that you have indeed found the feet and so that all the other teams are aware that they have been found.
DEADLINE HAS BEEN EXTENDED!
After a year of careful planning, the Eastern Idaho Technical College Foundation is excited to begin building the Legacy Pathway, a stunning engraved brick pathway and outdoor seating area that will be built in the outdoor common area of the Eastern Idaho Technical College campus in Fall 2014.
The project will be managed by EITCF board director Cody Fresh, owner of Platinum Construction. Fresh, and Idaho Falls native and long-time supporter of local education and the college's mission, will also be the lead sponsor of the project. An artistic rendering of the area, which features not only hundreds of beautiful pavers but also landscape and seating, will be released in early Spring when the foundation will begin accepting sponsorships for the bricks.
The pathway of decorative engraved bricks may be sponsored by community members, businesses, students, alumni, staff, faculty and anyone who is willing to support Eastern Idaho Technical College. The cost of a 4" x 8" brick is just $50 and includes two lines of engraved characters. An 8" x 8" brick is only $100 and includes 5 lines of engraving. Pre-order your brick(s) today by clicking on the PLEDGE NOW button below, downloading your form and returing it to the EITC Foundation. Questions? Call Natalie at 208-524-3000 ext. 3398.
Trashion Fashion Show: Recycle/Re-use Costume Contest
Get ready to strut your stuff at the annual Earth Day Trashion Fashion Show! The entire community is invited to participate in this contest that awards prizes to the most inventive outfits that are 80% made with recycled materials.
Last year's winners, Austin Kade Academy (pictured), got creative with juice pouches and soda cans. What will YOU think of?
If you are participating in The Great Race for Education, enter your outfit to receive special advantages on race day.
Division 1. 18 and Older
Division 2. 17 and Younger
Division 3. Best Disco Costume for the Great Race for Education
Division 4: Best Fashion Accessory
- All costumes must be made from 80% Recycle/Reusable materials
- Contestants will arrive at Tautphaus Park between 11:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. in order to have their photo taken. Costumes will be on display in the EITC/Cargill booth until the fashion show starts at 2:00 p.m.
- Contestants need to return at 2:00 p.m. for the Fashion Show and the announcement of the winners.
Earth Day Celebration attendees may vote at the EITC/Cargill booth throughout the day for their favorite costume using tickets. The winner will be chosen by our celebrity panel of judges in combination with the amount of votes received..
For more information, please contact Cindy Jones at 208-604-1077 or Cindy.Jones@Cargill.com or Natalie Hebard at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Register today for our annual career fair, April 23 from 12-2 p.m. by emailing Jessica at email@example.com or by calling 524-3000.